I am trying to save a Page, where I have added Media in to a Template that I have used before, but now receive an error. What is the problem and how can it be resolved?
Typically, Database errors occur when the Acquire Database Engine Service is not running (stopped).
To check and/or restart the Service, please try the following:
- Close Acquire Editor if you currently have it open;
- Use Task Manager to fully close down any Acquire software you may have open in the Processes Tab, such as AcquireSiteManager.exe or ScriptEditorPlus.exe;
- Click the Start Menu > Run > type services.msc to launch the Services (you will Administrator level access);
- Locate Acquire Database Engine in the list (this is usually at the top of the list as it is in alphabetical order), either click Start or Restart;
- Once this is complete, close Services and launch Acquire Editor once more to try adding Media to an existing Template.
TIP: please ensure the Media file, e.g. if it a video or image is able to open normally when you double-click it in Windows Explorer. If the file is corrupt or does not open, this may also be the reason why it will not save. For your information a media file should be able to be previewed in Acquire Editor (either on the page/canvas you are working on using the Play icon in the Toolbox or by double-clicking it when have imported it in to the Media part of the Playlist Editor window (bottom-pane).
Article is closed for comments.