I have a template in my Acquire Editor software that I use for all of my Acquire Solo installs. Is there any way to upload this to my Acquire Solo Players?
Yes. You can create a template in Acquire Editor and manually deploy this. Once the folder has been created, it can be zipped and the extension renamed to .mpk. It is possible to then use the Lite Manager software to upload this .mpk file as a template.
1. Create a New Project in Acquire Editor and create a New Page. This page will be uploaded directly to Acquire Solo. You will need to go onto the Page tab and untick Page Locked.
Please note: This page does not need to be in the Playlist.
2. Build a Manual Deployment of this Project in Acquire Editor. Make sure that the deployment is set to a Complete refresh and the only box ticked is Compress Media Files....
3. Open the folder that this has been deployed to and right click on the AcquireUpdate folder. Right click on the folder, navigate to Send to... and select Compressed Zipped Folder.
4. You will need to enable the tick box in Windows for File name extensions so you can change the extension of the zip file. Change the extension from .zip to .mpk.
5. Open the Lite Manager software, wait for it to find your Player on the network and select the Player. Click on Install Media Pack...
6. Enter the credentials for the Player when prompted. Locate the file and follow the wizard through to install the .mp4 file. The progress bar may sit on full for a few minutes. This is not unusual, please do not try to close and re-upload.
7. Once completed log into the web interface of the Player by typing the IP address into your browser window and use your credentials to log into the Player.
Open the Page tab and you should see your uploaded page ready to add into the Playlist.