Is it possible to use Acquire Editor to a create page containing a locally hosted website and deploy this to Acquire2Go, so that the website can be displayed on the Player?
Yes. You can use the Media App in Acquire Editor and create a page with the location of the website in the App Settings.
Please note: this feature requires the Hybrid functionality of Acquire and therefore you will need to install the full Acquire Player, you should also ensure the Acquire Player is set-up in the correct Group (using Site Manager) and it is visible in Acquire2Go to be able to deploy the final content. For more information on Hybrid functionality, please contact our Customer Sales team.
To do this:
1. Create a new page in Acquire Editor and select the Media App in the Toolbox.
2. In the App Settings you must correctly reference the location and format of the website on the Remote Player, e.g. C:\Apache24\htdocs\index.html and enter this in the Media field, as displayed below.
3. If you have more than one page item, then you may prefer to send the content to Acquire2Go using the Template option, in which case refer to this link.
4. Save and Close the page, it can now be deployed using the relevant PLUS! Network Account.
5. After 15 minutes the page should be made available for use in Acquire2Go. Please log in to the relevant account and click Manage Project on the required project.
6. Click PLAYLISTS and select New Playlist, where the deployed page with the location settings of the App are saved in will be available. Drag the page in to a New Playlist, enter a Playlist Name and click Save.
7. Set the saved Playlist in the Group and click OK.
8. Click Deploy, the content should be delivered to the Acquire Player(s) within 15 minutes.
IMPORTANT: as the settings for the Media App (or CyberBrowser) in the page references a local location on the Acquire Player, if that is moved or the file name is changed in any way the page will now longer load the content and you may see a "page not found" message. In which case this process must be repeated.