I have deployed content to my Acquire Player over the PLUS! Network. But all I see is a message saying, Nothing could be found to play, in the bottom-right corner on a white screen, why?
The message below, usually appears if the deployment is currently being uploaded to the PLUS! Network or downloaded the player itself.
Depending on the size of the project and the speed of connections, this process may take anywhere between a few minutes to few hours. If you have access to Site Manager, you can view the progress of the update.
If the Project has been successfully deployed and downloaded to Acquire Player, it should automatically change over and display the content, as shown below:
However, if you find that Site Manager reported the deployment has been successful or enough time has elapsed and the project does not play you should check the following:
- Firstly check the Acquire Player and DeployLog for more information.
- Manually change the Active Project to the one required in the Acquire Settings > Project Settings tab. You can also check the correct Playlist is selected from the Screen and Pages tab.
- Check the Project folder to ensure Playlists and Media have been downloaded to the Player, typically this is labelled in a long alphanumeric form, such as HT4AN7P31GU36B2M6L in the C:\ProgramData\Acquire folder (you can also find this in the Acquire Settings > Projects Settings tab). If the contents of the these folders are empty or files are missing then you deployment has not been completed correctly.
- Ensure the Playlist is allowed to play, i.e. if there is Scheduling set to play on certain dates or times. Please note: if the Playlist contains only item and it is not allowed to play or has not been properly deployed or downloaded to the Unit then it will result in the same error.
- Ensure the correct Codecs are installed and there is no Anti-Virus software installed on the Player as this has been known to stop Deployments from playing. Please note: this may require uninstalling the Anti-Virus software (if present) and redeploying the content again.
- Enable Variable Access in User Settings if using Acquire Lite (formally known as Solo).
IMPORTANT: if you are working with Hybrid Pages and experience this issue, please redeploy your content from Acquire Editor first to ensure the content is created or updated correctly to the PLUS! Network, then wait 15 minutes and redeploy from Acquire2Go thereafter.