When installing the prerequisites for Acquire on Windows 7 or Windows Vista the following error appears:
Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL.type=win32".version="8.0.50727.4053".publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b".processorArchitecture=x86.
What should I do?
This is an error produced by the operating system, not the installer, and can be caused by various things.
Please carry out the following:
- Reboot the machine;
- Disable Windows Update (the error can be caused because Windows is looking for updates when you are installing);
- Temporarily disable any Anti-Virus or Firewall you may having running;
- Ensure that User Access Control (UAC) is turned off;
- Make sure the user logged on has administrator rights;
- Try to run the installation again.
Article is closed for comments.