Why do some of my Players appear highlighted in pink?
An Acquire Player that has not contacted the PLUS! Network in the last 15 mins (default) or in the time you have specified in Call Home Frequency, will appear with a pink highlight. This allows you to easily identify units that may have a problem, such as no Internet connection or may be switched off. A Unit in this state will also raise an Out of Contact Exception in Site Manager.
TIP: If you have such a Player, then you can double-click or right-click on the unit and perform a number of actions to investigate and/or fix the problem.
Typically, if a particular Player has not contacted the PLUS! Network Acquire does not start and will display Checking Licence on the screen, in which case you should check or ask your client to check:
- exit to the Windows desktop, by using Esc and your secret Passphrase. Please note: if this fails to respond please cleanly shutdown the PC and try again;
- the Date and Time is correct on the Player;
- check physical network connections or Wi-Fi connection to ensure the Player is connected to the Internet and is at least able to ping to an external IP address;
- if there have been any changes to the Hardware, such as Network Card or HDD;
- if a Firewall is running or all Outbound Ports are open and particularly Inbound Ports 7200 - 7210 are also open to allow the Acquire software to communicate with the PLUS! Network (and must be able to validate the licence at least once within 15 days);
- the account itself is valid, i.e. the licence has not expired (which can be verified by Acquire Digital Accounts or Support).