How can I transfer my project to another Editor?
The solution for this is very simple and only requires you to copy the projects on to an external device, such as a USB Pen Drive. You can even Zip the resulting folder and email or use WeTransfer, to transfer the folder to the destination Editor PC.
To do this:
1. Using your desktop or external storage device create a New Folder. It is very important that you deploy projects to the New Folder created rather than directly to the Desktop or the external hard drive because it will clear all other files saved. From Acquire Editor select the project you wish to back-up and right-click and select Deploy.
2. Select Manual Deployment.
3. Select Complete Refresh and click Next.
4. A warning window will open for this backup, select Next to proceed and the Manual Deployment Wizard will run (you will see the green progress bars run at the bottom of the Wizard).
5. Once the deployment has been compressed and encrypted, you can select where to save the back-up. Click ... and navigate to your preferred location, as shown below:
6. In this case, the deployment will be saved to the New Folder created in Step 1 and click OK.
7. You will receive another warning window, please ensure you fully understand the information. Select OK to continue and your deployment will now be backed-up to the desired location. Once complete, simply click Close and you can exit the project.
8. Copy the resulting project onto an external device or Zip, if you are transferring via email or WeTransfer.
9. Open or unzip the folder on the destination Editor PC, in which you will find another folder labelled Acquire Update. Open this folder and double-click on AcquireDeploy. This will automatically copy the files back in to your Acquire Editor. Repeat steps for each project you need to restore or recover.
TIP: If you are deleting the project backup from the source device, then please ensure it has successfully copied in to the Acquire Editor by opening the project.