How do I backup my projects in case the Editor PC crashes or I need to transfer them to another PC by doing a manual deployment?
To backup projects begin by locating the required ones, by opening your Editor to view your projects.
1. Using your desktop or external storage device create a New Folder. It is very important that you deploy projects to the New Folder created rather than directly to the Desktop or the external hard drive because it will clear all other files saved. From Acquire Editor select the project you wish to back-up and right-click and select Deploy.
2. Select Manual Deployment.
3. Select Complete Refresh and click Next.
4. A warning window will open for this backup, select Next to proceed and the Manual Deployment Wizard will run (you will see the green progress bars run at the bottom of the Wizard).
5. Once the deployment has been compressed and encrypted, you can select where to save the back-up. Click ... and navigate to your preferred location, as shown below:
6. In this case, the deployment will be saved to the New Folder created in Step 1 and click OK. IMPORTANT: please ensure you create and use a new folder, rather than saving the deployment to the Desktop and is because the location is cleared before the deployment is written.
7. You will receive another warning window, please ensure you fully understand the information. Select OK to continue and your deployment will now be backed-up to the desired location. Once complete, simply click Close and you can exit the project.
TIP: it advisable you check the resulting project has been created in the location you selected and manually copy the Kiosks folder (C:\ProgramData\Acquire\6DTHETF716FEKEQKM9D1RGUB81\Scripts\Kiosks) from the corresponding project (if applicable).