I have deployed some content to an Acquire Player and am seeing a Red Deployment screen in Site Manager, having checked the DeployLog I can see Database Error: Database server not responding. What is the problem and how can it resolved?
This error is likely to be due to a Windows issue, that is stopping the Acquire Player obtaining or applying the Deployment. You should then run Disk Check and System File Checker, to do this:
- Obtain Reverse Access to the Unit;
- Quit out of the Acquire Player either by using the Passphrase or use the Watchdog button in the Toolbar;
- Click the CMD button to open a command prompt window (opens in Administrator mode);
- Type chkdsk and press Enter (typically we advised you do this in Read-Only mode to and screenshot if required). Correct any Disk Errors, using /f parameter;
- Type sfc /scannow and check for any corrupt files. Check Log if necessary and follow-up on the errors in the Log may be needed.
- Redeploy content and allow some time to download and check in Site Manager to see the progress.
Please note: if Disk Errors cannot be resolved, you may need to replace the HDD. In which you should take relevant actions, such as Decommission or Deactivate the Acquire Player as part of moving the software.
Article is closed for comments.